Vintage Cake Decorating Class
- Secure, Encrypted Checkout
- Pick-up/Delivery Options at the Cart Page
New for 2023! You have asked and we have listened. In this exciting decorating class, you will learn the secrets behind crafting this elegant yet whimsical vintage cake design.
In this 3 hour in-depth class, our master bakers show you how to create these fashionable, vintage and retro designs that have actually been popular since the 1700s - also known as "retro" cakes because of their frilly, over-piped design.
- You will be presented with a pre-baked six inch vanilla cake, freshly baked by our CCC chefs
- Learn how to layer slice your cake
- Learn how to crumb coat your cake
- Learn how to mask your cake with our our freshly prepared buttercream
- Learn how to correctly prepare and fill your piping bags
- You'll be shown a range of vintage piping techniques and several different nozzles
- Develop refined techniques for design creation
- Get tips and tricks from the experts including working with buttercream
- Personalised class completion certificate
Class Size: up to 16 students
Skill Level: Basic to Intermediate
Age: 16 yrs+ (or 12 yrs+ with a paying accompanying adult)
Class Duration: approximately 3 hours depending on number of people in the class and the group's previous experience
Course attendees will also receive 10% discount on all items purchased in the shop on the day of class.
Terms & Conditions HERE
This class takes place at The Classic Cupcake Co Baking Academy (Shop 1 / 142 Spit Road, Mosman, NSW 2088).
Residential street parking is available all around our venue. There is also a small private car park right behind the building and a public car park on Stanton Road (off Northbound Spit Road). If you are travelling by public transport, catch the 144 bus to/from Chatswood, or the 172 & 173 to/from Wynyard.
The class price includes all ingredients, all tools, equipment and of course, your beautiful cake to take home (cake box will be provided)
Kitchen Attire & Code of Conduct
You are required to wear solid, comfortable shoes with closed toes and no high heels. The class is performed standing up, but stools are available for anyone who needs one. An apron will be provided.
Making A Booking
You can book online by selecting your required date above. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further details about rebooking your class.