Let’s make some delicious Vanilla cupcakes
There’s nothing like a handy little recipe! Let’s me show you how to make some deliciously quick cupcakes that the whole family will enjoy!
Have this one up your sleeve
I always think that having key recipes up your sleeve is a must! It was for this very reason that I started The CCC! My Grandmother shared her little book of secret recipes with me before she passed away and I am so grateful to her for that. Included was this wonderfully easy cupcake recipe that we would beg her to make with us (reminding her that there were no longer butter rations!) Now let’s get started!
- 1200 g plain flour (sieved)
- 150 g caster sugar
- 125 g butter (room temperature)
- 125 ml milk (room temperature)
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- Warm up the oven 170C (160C for fan oven)
- Put ALL the ingredients together into the mixing bowl and mix by hand or on a slow speed until no lumps remain.
- Put batter into cupcake cases using a cup, ice cream scoop or spoon. Fill 3/4 of each case
- Fill your cases up to weigh between 36g-38g for the perfect cupcake ready to decorate with buttercream frosting.
- Bake until springy to touch (approx. 18-20 mins depending on your oven).
- Gently open your oven door when the cupcakes are ready and place onto wire baking rack to cool completely before decorating (or, if you are like me, wait 1 minute before enjoying one warm from the oven – you can’t beat it!).
- For delicious a light chocolate cupcakes, replace 35g of the flour with high quality cocoa powder – super easy!
- Always work with your ingredients at room temperature – you will thank me for this!
- Make sure to warm your oven up when you start mixing everything together so that it has reached the desired temperature when you need to use it!
- Use the best quality ingredients that you can afford – cupcakes are a treat so be good to yourself and don’t bake with rubbish.
Enjoy our helpful little video
Other easy recipes to give a go
- Nigella Lawson’s Cupcakes: https://www.nigella.com/recipes/cupcakes
- Martha’s Top 5 Healthy Baking Tips from Her Latest Cookbook, “A New Way to Bake”: https://www.marthastewart.com/1513122/marthas-top-healthy-baking-tips
More from us
What could be more fun than your very own cupcake party with us at The CCC headquarters in Mosman! Learn more about our kid’s parties HERE