Kids' Holiday 4 Hour Baking and Cupcakes Workshop
** Please note that this class is suitable for children aged 8 and over **
We launched this class in 2020 and it was a huge success! Always a sell-out and the kid's learn how to bake and decorate in one day!
This 4 hour baking and decorating workshop will teach your Junior Masterchef how to produce the perfect cupcake using the finest ingredients. Our master bakers will guide them step by step in preparing their own cake batter and silky smooth buttercream.
While their cupcakes are baking in our industrial ovens the students will be shown how to mix the perfect buttercream.
Once cooled, the children will be shown how to colour their buttercream, pipe it onto their cupcakes and add the final touches to their masterpieces.
Class content will cover:
- The importance of using good quality ingredients
- Preparing their own vanilla cake batter
- Kitchen hygiene and safe baking
- Answering baking FAQs and troubleshooting
- Afternoon Tea (cupcake of their choice from the CCC shop)
- Preparing their own vanilla buttercream
- Tips on colouring buttercream
- Simple decorating techniques including sprinkles and CCC fondant shapes
- Using silicone chocolate molds and fondant cutters to create timeless embellishments
- Working with a variety of colours
- A reusable presentation box to take their 6 cupcakes away
- Personalised certificate of Completion
- View class photos here
Class Size: up to 16 students (minimum of 10 attendees for the class to run)
Class Duration: 4 hours
Skill Level: Basic
Suitable for: Boys & Girls
Age: 8 – 15yrs (Parents can leave their young chefs for the duration of the class or may also attend this class for the Junior Chef price of $135).
Unfortunately we are not able to accept Service NSW's Creative Kids Vouchers as baking classes are excluded from the programme.
This class takes place at The Classic Cupcake Co Baking Academy (Shop 1 / 142 Spit Road, Mosman, NSW 2088).
Residential street parking is available all around our venue. There is also a small private car park right behind the building and a public car park on Stanton Road (off Northbound Spit Road). If you are travelling by public transport, catch the 144 bus to/from Chatswood, or the 172 & 173 to/from Wynyard.
The course price includes all baking ingredients & materials, all sugarcraft tools, equipment, refreshments and, of course, your box of treats to take home.
Kitchen Attire & Code of Conduct
Junior Chefs are required to wear solid, comfortable shoes with closed toes. We advise not wearing warm and bulky clothing as it may get hot during the class. Due to health & safety regulations all students are required to have hair neatly tied back at all times.
Please note that we cannot offer refunds or credits for spaces booked however, bookings can be transferred into another name.